To define Employee Self-Service (ESS) in a nutshell, it is a feature which is a part of all modern Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), using which employees can access the transactions related to them. It enables employees to perform job-related tasks that otherwise take a lot of time to complete because of the scattered information as well as workflows involved. ESS Portal typically helps organisations save useful personhours, which leads to increased efficiency. It also helps in creating a greatly improved Employee-Experience thereby increasing employee satisfaction
In such a competitive market, retaining talented employees is very crucial for organizations and an Employee Self Service Portal can achieve that perfectly by creating a positive work culture and providing employees with the relevant information as well as allow the Management to disseminate the right and the current information to the employees. Such systems give power to employees for easily managing their own information and accounts without paper work. This saves a lot of time for HR Administrators as employees can perform simple HR tasks related to Leave Application, Training, Appraisal, fetching information about Payslips and Tax Returns, etc. Employees can initiate the process of changing their addresses, contact numbers and banking information on their own. Using Employee Self Service Portal the employees can also see the available benefits of various plans and select those plans they want to sign up for.
Through the ESS Portal, employees can take on-line training classes as well. In case they miss a particular class, they can be intimated through reminders. All such tasks can be performed quickly and in a user-friendly manner, all due to the in-built work flows, which results in overall satisfaction of employees as they feel more connected with their organizations. Their training records get automatically updated post the completion of the training. The training feedback can also be collected over the ESS Portal and quickly analyzed and acted upon.
Moreover, Recruitment and on-boarding can be connected directly to the ESS Portal. As the need for double entry is eliminated and employees are allowed to evaluate their own information, the chances of getting inaccurate information are greatly minimized.
ESS Employee Self Service Portal can be used for:
- Self Service Transactions like Leave Submissions and Approvals, Salary Slip viewing, Training Requests Identification, Conveyance and Travel Vouchers, etc.
- Employee Appraisal Management.
- Providing employees with information pertaining to Induction Manuals, Service Rules, Company Policies, Medical Reimbursement Rules, etc. With an ESS Portal in place, employees can easily view and download the latest version of such information.
- Hosting commonly referred documents like Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, Sales Manual, etc.
- Submitting Time Sheets online.
- Sharing knowledge (Sales Literature and Projects Data), among employees.
- The expense and Business Travel Management
- Creating Task Lists for employees and managing such Tasks.
All in all, Employee Self Service Portal greatly eliminates the paperwork which is traditionally required to administer employees’ information. The HR personnel is no longer required to contact employees to fetch the correct information, and they can simply become the approvers of information that employees will provide through the Self Service Portal for Employees.
Especially for organizations with more than 100 employees or organizations spread across multiple locations/countries, the ESS Portal greatly helps organizations to build a better work culture as well as improve organizational efficiency.