Company was incorporated in 1964and started operations in 1966 with initial capacity of 850 TCD. Later on the Government of Kenya through the Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC) acquired the majority shareholding. The current Shareholding of Company is roughly 83% Government of Kenya and 17% of Group. The factory capacity was increased to 1800 TCD in 1978. Further expansion was undertaken in 1989/90 to the current capacity of 2,200 TCD. The company processes mill white sugar and brown sugar from sugar cane grown from a total canable land of 16500 hectares which includes 1,660 Ha of the Nucleus estate and 14,840 Ha ofOut growers fields.
Objectives of ERP
Company wanted to integrate its different business process like Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Finance, HR & Payroll, Production, Fixed Asset, Maintenance, Farmer Agriculture, Farmer Management, Transport, EIS, etc.
Some challenges before ERP were
- Reconciliation of Farmer account
- Theft at the weighbridge
- Managing their large fleets and accounting for the cost on each and every vehicle
Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Finance, HR-Payroll, Fixed Assets, Production, Maintenance, Farmer Management, Farmer Accounting, Transport and Executive Information System modules were successfully implemented.
Some of the major functionalities in use are
- Capturing of tare weight and gross weight of sugar/ raw material/ sugar cane in the ebizframe ERP directly through the integration with weighbridge
- Tracking of price changes of raw material, and their impact on overall costing of finished goods
- Drill down facility in EIS Top Management
- Reconciliation of Farmer account can be done with a click of button
- Tracking of expenditure on each and every vehicle. Expenses related to fuel, spare parts and tyre consumption
Benefit Derived after the implementation of ebizframe
- Better control on inventory of sugar cane and Finished Sugar product. Also they can keep track of price of raw material
- Complete management of import order including all the documentation required as per the government norms
- Production is online so they could see the Production status at any point of time
- Reduced cycle for Farmer payment. Moreover easy reconciliation of Farmer account due to Farmer Management and Accounting module
- Ebizframe is integration with weighbridge, so now there is less manual intervention and due to this, there is less possibility of manipulation at weighbridge
- We have added a Transport module, so now they are able to see Vehicle wise expenses for fuel, spare parts, tyre etc.