Company is one of the young, leading, plastic industry players involved in the manufacture of products used in pharmaceuticals, paints, edible oils, cosmetic products, lubricants, chemicals, and power industries. Established in 1996, today it has an impressive client base, including Total Kenya, Bidco, Brookside Dairies, Interconsumer Products, amongst others. Most major companies in and around East Africa are already taking advantage of company’s plastic production packaging solutions, quality and service. The motto to deliver good quality product is one of the biggest driving force of the Company. The Company also follows the principal of “Gemba Kaizen” by a Japanese philosophy, which is used worldwide to align the process and operations of an organization.
Objectives of ERP
Company wants to integrate its different business process like Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Finance, HR & Payroll, Production, Production Planning, Fixed Asset, EIS, Transport, etc.
Some challenges before ERP were
- Value stream or cost center wise profitability
- Multi-branch operation was another challenge because of bad internet connectivity
- Huge data size, being one of the oldest firms
- Moreover production reports have been aligned to match the certain aspects of Kaizen requirement
Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Finance, HR-Payroll, Fixed Assets, Production, Production Planning and Executive Information System modules of ebizframe are successfully implemented at Company.
Some of the major functionalities in use are:
- They can do multi-currency invoicing/ billing which was necessary for them as they had to do lot of exports and imports
- Tracking of price changes of raw material, and their impact on overall costing of finished goods
- Drill down facility in EIS Top Management
- Can maintain the lead time and reorder level of raw material. Analysis of raw material supplier wise considering various parameters
- Tracking of Fixed Asset and their depreciated amount
Benefit Derived after the implementation of ebizframe
- Better control on inventory of raw materials and finished goods. Also they can keep track of price of raw material
- Complete management of import order including all the documentation required as per the government norms
- Data portioning of huge data base size helped them greatly
- Provided distributed server architecture with routine for data updating automatically, hence easier multi-branch operation
- Production is online so they could minimize the wastage and efficiency was improved
- They get various reports as per Kaizen specification