The client was established in the year 1995 is one of the leading manufacturers of high value and rich fragrances and flavors today. It has developed strategic partnerships with key global and local suppliers of various natural and synthetic ingredients. All the client’s products are in compliance with global regulatory standards like IFRA (International Fragrance Association), REACH and GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe).
The client was using Tally for its Finance operations. Tally being an Accounting software, was not able to keep pace with the client’s business growth and increased complexities. The client had a very tight control on the operations, but it was heavily dependent on people to achieve this objective. Some of the pain areas were as follows
- No real time information.
- Lack of co-ordination on credit and payment terms between Sales and Finance Departments.
- Huge inventory lying due to poor planning.
- Preparation of various MIS Reports tedious and time consuming.
- Non availability of statutory reports.
- No security control on the software.
- Batch History based on Production not available.
- Budgeting not available.
Post ERP Scenario
Implementation of ebizframe started in January and they went live within 12 months with the core modules. Major customization was done in Manufacturing due to their industry specific requirement. Other modules were adopted with minor customization and major re-engineering of their business processes. The following are the benefits derived from ebizframe:
- Annual raw material requirement planning used to take 10 days to compile which now gets generated in 1 day
- Revenue budgeting used to take 8-10 days at the end of the year, this is now available in 1 day.
- Better Co-ordination between Sales and Finance Departments as information is available online.
- Better control on pilferage and spoilage.
- Auto-batch planning based on Inventory available.
- Product costing was manual and inaccurate, this is now available with 100% accuracy.
- Back tracking of batches from Sales to Production to Purchase was a tedious process, now available at the click-of-a-button.
- Xlenz Business Intelligence (BI) Tool provided by ESS has provided them excellent Ratio Analysis apart from other graphic reports in Inventory, Sales, etc.
- The client’s competitive advantage lies in the secrecy of its recipes (Bill of Material). ebizframe has been customized specially for their Formulation Division keeping this in mind. Samplings of formulation preparation, testing and amendments are done in ebizframe. Once the sample is finalized then it is finally updated in therecipe master. Ratio Analysis MIS Reports designed for the client give the financial health of the organization at a glance.
The client is planning to introduce interface for bar coding for more efficient Warehouse Management. Also in the pipeline is the Fixed Assets Module, event based external mailing and graphical reports. The client will also be looking at enhancements in ERP functionalities as the business grows.
IT System set-up
ebizframe has been implemented on an HP server with Xeon processor. Oracle RDBMS and associated tools have been used. Users in the HO are using normal Pentium desktop PCs with 1 GB RAM. Head Office and Plant are connected with MPLS based networking.There are around 25 Users at 2 Locations including Head Office at Mumbai and one Factory at Silvassa.