Company is pioneer and leader in import & distribution of premium brands of Food, Beverages, Household and more. It started its operations 25 years back in 1985, with a vision to enhance the lifestyle of people of Ghana.
Today, company is a sole/chief Distributor of many popular brands from different parts of the world. Distribution strength of the organization is a benchmark for the country, catering to entire urban & semi-urban markets, by supplying to major superstores, prestigious hotels & restaurants, convenience stores, neighborhood stores and table-top counters.
Objectives of ERP
Being a leading importer of FMCG products, management wanted to have a robust and integrated system to take care of distribution operation across the country.
Pre ERP Scenario
Before migrating to ebizframe they were using Tally accounting application. Other operations like, Sales, Purchase (Import /Local), Inventory, Human Resource and Payroll were managed through MS Excel. Product wise, brand wise, location wise sales analysis was a challenging task for the management due to decentralize and manual system.
Some challenges before ERP:
- Sales team had to produce sales MIS to Management and Principles (brands like Emborg, Ceres) and it used to be time consuming to meet those requirements on excel
- Earlier taking order was difficult for sales team to identify how much stock of specific items they have in the warehouse
- At the time of only delivery sales person used to come to know that either the item is out of stock or is reserved for some other top priority customer
- Incentive calculation used to be challenging
- Item tracking was very difficult because old system was not having item code
- Unable to track exact expense of vehicle, have to depend on driver’s records
Management wanted to have the vendor with wide spectrum of implementation experience in FMCG Distribution and also strong local presence. They also wanted the system to be flexible, robust, user friendly yet cost effective. ebizframe turned to be the best choice for them.
ERP Implementation of various Modules
- Purchase with import
- HR & Payroll
- Executive Information System
Benefits Derived after implementing ebizframe ERP are
- Product wise, brand wise, location wise MIS generation has become easier
- With the help of Stock dashboard sales team is now able to find out how much inventory they have in the stock at the time of order
- Easier traceability of items has reduced cycle time
- Better management of delivery of goods to branches and customers
- Able to track sales person wise total sales to calculate the incentives
- MIS reporting to Principles (Emborg, Ceres, etc.) has become easier
- Accurate stock valuation reports available from the system
- Able to track exact expense on vehicle with the help of ebizframe
Ebizframe has been implemented on Dell server with Quad core processor, 8 GB RAM and 450GB HDD. The system is installed on the central server at the Head office in Accra.